British Airways Holiday Sale – Free Hotel in Europe With Your Flight
In 2019, we traveled to Israel and Jordan. Along the way, we managed to make a stopover in the European country I was most excited to finally visit: Spain. Not only did the tickets somehow come out to be cheaper once we added the stopover, British Airways also had a special sale going where we got two free nights in Madrid, which helped us avoid getting gouged. It also didn’t hurt that some of our best European flight experiences have been on British Airways, and that BA is part of OneWorld meaning as AAdvantage Platinum members, we earn AA miles with BA.
It was a little less than 72 hours of museums, museums, museums for us. Laura enjoyed the Reina Sofia, I enjoyed the Real Madrid stadium (technically listed as a museum on our museum card, making me sound much more sophisticated).
British Airways is at it again, with the “British Airways Holiday Sale” offering two nights free stay if you book a transatlantic flight with them. But like all good deals, this one is both limited and set to expire. If you’re interested in exploring cities like Rome, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Barcelona, Dublin, Edinburgh or Manchester, and you want two free nights, pay close attention: We’re about to tell you how to get them.
To take advantage of this deal, there are a few important things to consider:
- You have until December 8th 11:59 pm EST to book your flights and flights must be transatlantic and some variation of roundtrip (you must cross the pond twice with BA, but you can have stopovers in the process!).
- Your travel must be between now and March 31st, 2015.
- You can only get your two free nights in one of these fine European cities: London, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Barcelona, Dublin, Edinburgh, or Manchester.
- Double occupancy is presumed. So book two tickets, get two nights. Book one ticket, get one night.
If you want the full scoop, read the fine print.
How to book
Like most things on the British Airways website, it’s not exactly straightforward. But the long and the short of it is this:
- Select your tickets on ba.com and click to agree on the terms and conditions.
- On the next page you should have an option to “Add to your flights” and so you’ll “Add a hotel to your booking” and most important yet, click “see all hotels.”
- Now, as you scroll through the options, look for two things: If you’re only searching for two nights with your two tickets or one night with your one ticket, a price that reads $0.00! In addition, or if you’re booking more than the free nights, look for the magic words: ” 2 free nights included in the price.”
- Select one of the free hotels, and continue on with your booking.
This is a great way to see some wonderful European cities. And like we said earlier, we’re big fans of British Airways. They offer great service, wonderful airline lounges, and top notch entertainment and we usually find pretty competitive prices, even without awesome deals like these!